Farnell now shipping Advanced Energy’s Excelsys power supplies
The Excelsys low voltage, modular power supplies simplify system integration to enable rapid design of critical applications that require extreme reliability and performance.
an Avnet Company and global distributor of electronic components, products and solutions, is now stocking Advanced Energy’s Excelsys range of low voltage power supplies. The modular and configurable power supplies support a wide variety of premium engineering applications that require high performance and extreme reliability solutions. The Excelsys product range simplifies system integration to enable rapid design and reduce time to market.
Advanced Energy’s high efficiency power supplies offer extreme reliability and a high-power density which is suitable for mission critical applications. The power supplies can be designed into medical equipment including clinical diagnostic and dialysis equipment, medical lasers, radiological imaging and clinical chemistry. Other industrial uses include test and measurement, industrial machines, automation and audio equipment, printing and telecommunications. Convection-cooled models that do not require fan cooling are available to suit acoustically sensitive laboratory and medical environments as well as broadcast, radar and communication applications.
The range of Excelsys products now available for fast delivery from Farnell includes:
- The UltiMod Series of UX4 and UX6 AC/DC modular power supplies combine high reliability, efficiency (up to 91 per cent), low acoustic noise and user flexibility in one low-cost package. The UX4delivers up to 600 W and can be populated with up to four powerMods. The UX6 delivers up to 1200 W and can be populated with up to six powerMods. No minimum load is required.
- The CS1000 Series is the latest addition in Excelsys ‘fanless’ range of power supplies. The single output CS1000 delivers an incredible convection-cooled 1000 W in an open frame U-channel form factor, eliminating acoustic noise which is detrimental to scientific and medical applications. The CS1000 Series is ideal for applications that are sensitive to vibration or where fan cooling is not available.
- Xsolo Series is developed with medical applications in mind. The power supplies deliver a convection-cooled 504 W in an open-frame U-channel form factor and up to 1008 W in an enclosed, fan-cooled chassis. This high-efficiency, high-reliability product is available in two compact package types to suit application requirements.
- The CoolX Series of modular configurable power supplies are fanless at 600 W and 1000 W while the fan-cooled 1800 W model offers best-in-class power density.
- CoolX 600 is a natural convection-cooled modular power supply that delivers an incredible 600 W from a very compact package without fan-assisted cooling. The CoolX600 offers exceptional efficiency and reliability in addition to a comprehensive feature set.
- Packaged in a compact 259.5 mm x 164 mm x 40.6 mm (10 in x 6.5 in x 1U) U-channel design, the CoolX1000 provides up to 1000 W without any requirement for fan or base plate cooling, eliminating acoustic noise and vibration. The CoolX100 is ideal for applications where fan cooling is not available.
- The CoolX1800 is an intelligent modular power supply delivering an incredible 1800 W in a compact 1U high package with 50 per cent more power than the industry standard.
Simon Meadmore, Head, IP&E, at Farnell said: “The Excelsys product range from Advanced Energy is a great addition to our power portfolio. Their market leading technology offers system designers best-in-class efficiency and reliability with the widest range of voltage and current options available from off the shelf products. Customers can configure Excelsys modular power supplies to their exact requirements, eliminating the need for costly and time consuming custom designs, bringing their products to market much faster.”
Advanced Energy is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of highly engineered, precision power conversion for a wide range of industries including semiconductor equipment, industrial, manufacturing, telecommunications, data centre computing, and healthcare. With engineering know-how and responsive service and support around the globe, the company builds collaborative partnerships to meet technology advances, propel growth for its customers and innovate the future of power.
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localized websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com