Farnell bolsters range of cable and wire management solutions
Product portfolio increased by 88,000 products from 370 market leading brands
Farnell, an Avnet Company and global distributor of electronic components, products and solutions, has expanded its market-leading portfolio of cabling and wire management solutions with the addition of 88,000 new products from 370 of the world’s most trusted brands. The increased range of products from 3M, TE Connectivity, AlphaWire, Belden, Lapp Kabel, Multicomp-pro, ABB, Brandrex, Hellermann Tyton, Panduit and Huber & Suhner give customers security, flexibility, and support when buying high quality cable and wire management solutions.
The continued growth of 5G, industrial automation, smart manufacturing and building is driving demand for reliable and performant cable and wire products, generating a global compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12 per cent. In response to this, Farnell has upgraded its inventory and services to support customers with all their cable and wiring needs and connectivity solutions across a broad range of applications and markets, all in one place.
The legacy cabling and wire management products available from Farnell include:
- The from Alpha Wire is an eco-friendly, recyclable, high-performance cable and wire in a smaller package. Available in standard reel sizes of 50m, 100m and 500m, the series is up to a 45 per cent smaller in diameter and up to 40 per cent lighter than competitive products
- Lapp Cable’s feature versatile single core cables with an extended temperature range up to +180°C. The tinned fine wire core has a silicone-based insulation, white impregnated glass-fibre braiding and are Halogen-free, making the range an ideal solution for machines, plant construction and tool building
- The best-selling range from Multi-comp Pro features a high temperature, flame retardant cable designed for use in the control, relay and instrumentation panels of power switchgear. It can also be used as internal connectors in rectifier equipment, motor starters and controllers. Tri-rated cable is sometimes referred to as BS 6231 cable, H07V2-K or panel wire. A discount of up to 30 per cent is available on Multi-comp Pro products
- 3M’s round conductor flat is designed for power applications requiring higher current carrying capability. The 18 AWG tinned stranded copper wire provides flexibility and extended product life. It is available in colour-coded single or twisted-pair versions
- from TE Connectivity is an ultra-light insulated wire for aviation applications. It has a temperature rating of -65°C to 200°C, excellent handleability and features both single and double wall constructions with twisted pairs, triples and screened and jacketed cables
- from Belden are designed to provide maximum signal performance for rugged industrial applications including audio, instrumentation and data. They are available in a wide variety of gauge sizes, dimensions, insulation materials, shielding configurations and jacketing materials
Simon Meadmore, Global Head of IP&E at Farnell, said: “We are committed to providing our customers with the world’s best cable and wire solutions from market-leading suppliers at competitive prices. We have responded quickly to changing markets, upgrading our inventory and services to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future. Our largest ever range of cabling and wire management solutions is available for next day delivery, ensuring our customers get what they want when they need it.”
Farnell offers a range of custom cable solutions, including a cut to length cable service - the only high service distributor in Europe to offer this. Customers can also benefit from free 24/5 technical support as well as access to online resources, data sheets, application notes, videos and webinars.
The extended range of cabling and wire management products are now available for fast delivery from in EMEA and in APAC.
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localized websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com