Premier Farnell Expands Range of Semiconductor Products with Osram Opto Semiconductors’ Product Family
High-performance LEDs, infrared emitters, photodiodes and optical sensors add breadth and depth to global product range
Premier Farnell, the Development Distributor, has further expanded its range of semiconductor products by adding the Osram Opto Semiconductor product portfolio to its global offering. The products which include, amongst others, LEDs, infrared emitters, photodiodes and optical sensors, provide experienced engineers with more products to compare and choose from when looking for high-performance solutions.
Osram Opto Semiconductors has more than 40 years’ experience developing cutting-edge products in the fields of illumination, visualisation and sensor technology. The Osram range extends Premier Farnell’s line card to provide customers with products to support applications in markets such as Automotive, Mobile, Smart Grid, Metering, Industrial, Office and Building Automation, Energy Management and Network Infrastructure.
Key products to be stocked include:
- The OSLON Black family of infrared LED: Now with dedicated automotive versions that include the 850nm version intended for exterior applications such as night vision, pedestrian protection, pre-field recognition and lane detection. The new 940nm version is targeted at interior automotive applications such as driver monitoring, seat occupancy detection and gesture recognition. With different wavelengths and lenses, these products cover a wide range of customer requirements, and can be operated at up to 5A in pulse mode.
- The SFH 2200 family of photodiodes: This new generation of devices is much smaller than predecessors. They feature a new package concept that allows them to be soldered without any damage for up to one year after initial contact with air, compared to only three days for typical standard products. The new package complies with the strict demands of the automotive industry and is approved up to an operating temperature of 125°C. The SFH 2200 devices meet the requirements for AEC-Q101-C qualification and are ideally suited for use in rain sensors.
- The TOPLED E1608 family of low-power LEDs: This family combines a smaller package with exceptional versatility to meet an extremely wide range of customer requirements. They are particularly suited to the automotive sector for applications such as displays, ambient lighting and backlighting of switches and instruments.
- SFH 4776 broadband infrared LEDs: These devices are suitable for use in new application sectors opened up by the adoption of near-infrared spectroscopy techniques for measuring parameters such as the water, fat, sugar and protein content of food and pharmaceutical products.
- The SYNIOS® P2720 platform: Consisting of 15 different LED products with different chip sizes, power ratings and colours which can be configured flexibly within a single footprint to suit different applications. The platforms’ ease of scalability and freedom of design are combined with high thermal reliability and high brightness, delivering new opportunities and cost advantages for automotive manufacturers and light designers.
“The addition of the Osram Opto Semiconductors’ range of products further increases the breadth of our semiconductor product offering.” says Lee Turner, Global Head of Semiconductors and Single Board Computing at Premier Farnell: “Osram is a key player in the opto-electronics semiconductor market and this new relationship provides Design Engineer customers with access to cutting-edge technology to build into their designs, helping them achieve a competitive edge on their competition.”
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localized websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com