element14 Community presents ‘Summer Green Technology’ webinars
Unlocking the potential of sustainable technology for a greener future
element14, an Avnet Community, is excited to announce the continuation of their Summer Green Technology series with three upcoming webinars dedicated to the use of sustainable technology. These informative sessions aim to educate attendees on the benefits of power-efficient devices, isolation technologies, and robust industrial motor encoder signal chain solutions in reducing carbon footprint and promoting a sustainable future.
The first webinar, titled "Summer of Green: Power Efficient FPGAs and SoCs," will take place on 15 June 2023, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CT (3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. GMT). As the demand for power-efficient devices continues to rise in both professional and personal settings, this webinar will explore various applications where performance per watt is a critical criterion. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain insights into applications where performance per watt is crucial
- Observe a machine learning application used to estimate the power budget for a camera application
- Discover a utility that automates the comparison between different silicon vendors, facilitating effective decision-making for optimal performance per watt ratio
- Learn about the benefits and methods to achieve power-efficient designs and understand their impact on the environment and product lifecycle
The second webinar, “Advanced Motion Control: Precise Position and Torque Control using Encoders and Magnetic Position Sensing” is scheduled for 6 July 2023, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CT (3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. GMT). The webinar will explore the crucial role of precise position and torque control in achieving higher quality and faster machining of complex components. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an overview of different encoder types, including optical, resolvers, and magnetic encoders, and understand their associated requirements
- Learn about the full signal chain requirements for encoder designs and discover key enabling technologies from ADI for next-generation encoder designs
- Explore ADI's high-performance magnetic position sensing technology specifically designed for encoders
The third webinar, "The Benefits of Optocouplers and Industrial Fiber Optics in Energy Storage and Power Converters," will be held on 10 July 2023, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. CT (1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. GMT). This session will focus on the latest technology trends and the role of optocouplers and industrial fiber optics in power electronic converters. Attendees will explore the application of isolation products in energy storage systems and learn about the advantages of opto-isolators and industrial fiber products for energy storage power conversion. Key takeaways from this webinar include:
- Understanding technology trends in Energy Storage Systems
- Identifying the areas where optocouplers and industrial fiber optics products are utilized in power electronic converters
- Exploring Broadcom's portfolio of optocouplers, including gate drivers, current/voltage sensors, and digital optocouplers
- Discovering Broadcom's industrial fiber portfolio for energy storage applications
"We are thrilled to continue our Summer Green Technology series with these three webinars focused on sustainable technology. By exploring power-efficient devices, isolation technologies, and robust industrial motor encoder signal chain solutions, we aim to empower engineers and professionals to make informed decisions that reduce carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future,” said Dianne Kibbey, Global Head of Community and Social Media for element14. “Join us as we delve into the possibilities of green technology and showcase its potential in creating a positive impact on the environment and product lifecycle."
For those unable to attend the live sessions, recordings of the webinars will be made available to interested individuals to view on demand.
To learn more about these free events and secure your spot, please visit the element14 Community website.
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localized websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com